Friday 9 August 2013

With Sympathy

Post 8.
Always a tough card to make and I , unfortunately had 3 to do this week.
I thought I'd share these if only to inspire someone out there when faced with making a Sympathy card.

 Kraft card has been used as the base, with a matt of black then more kraft. At the side I stamped the 'Leafy swirl' from Clarity stamps, in versamark, and left it to dry. I put some crochet ribbon across the card. The sentiment was from a Hot off the Press paper pad called 'Cardmakers Floral ultimate pack', the accompaning sentiment was matted and put inside. The sentiment was the embellished with a variety of brown and cream paper flowers.

The second card is made , again with Clarity stamps 'Floral crook'  I used 'Distress Markers' to colour the flower and leaves in subtle calm colours to co-ordinate with the chosen card  matting  the main image. The base of the crook extended across the card with a fine line pen and the sentiment stamped along the line. 
 The card was finished off with self adhesive pearls at the bottom right and top right of the card, just to balance it out.

The final card is a simple swirl stamp embossed in  white (meant to use clear powder but hey ho I went with it!) The flowers were also stamped with the swirl the cut from a spellbinders blossom die. I then cut into the flowers to add a little dimension, and a pearl finshed the flower. The whole image is on a lovely green core-dinations card matted on black and white.



 Inside the swirl was used again just down one side of the insert, and a message matted onto more green card.
If these have inspired just one person out there when faced with making a sympathy card then I very happy.
Hope you liked todays cards.
Happy crafting .
Clair xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment