Thursday 17 October 2013

100 years young....

Post 21

This is a card I've made for a lady to give to her 100 year old friend.....wow! Her name is Iris, and I was asked to include the iris flower on the card. Thanks to my Sheenie friends, I was able to find an iris image on the Pam West 2 cd rom from Joanna Sheen.
The backing paper was right there alongside the image on the cd. Both the topper and backing paper were matted onto some deep blue core-dinations card. Then onto a 7x7 card made of the beautiful Centura pearl . The card was then decorated with die cut flourishes from the Tim Holtz 'Elegant Flourishes' from sizzix. The flowers were all in my stash probably from Wild Orchid crafts.....beautiful!
The word 'Iris' was also cut from centura pearl using the 'First Steps' sizzlits dies from sizzix.
On the insert I used more of the iris image, brought into Serif Craftartist and faded out somewhat to allow the sentiment to be visible. The sentiment is one I found on the 'Imag-e-nation' website.
Of course  a card this size and embellished to within a inch of it's life need a box......out came the centura pearl, again.
With more of the Iris image and a Birthday greeting on the lid.

Hope you like the card. 
Clair xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment