Monday 17 March 2014

'Peaceful Lakeside'

Post 65
I was inspired by an article in Craft Stamper (April 2014) 'Ready Steady Craft'. The crafter had stamped and painted an image then mounted behind a window of kraft card.....I had to have a go.

The stamps I used are from Sheena Douglass's 'A Little bit Sketchy' range. The stamps sets I used are 'Peaceful Lakeside' and 'On the Water'



I began by stamping the boats on some water colour paper using Archival ink, the hills in the background are stamped using my Distress markers. I then went in to water colour using various distress markers.



I stamped the boats again onto some kraft card, cut an aperture in the kraft card with a square spellbinder die, then positioned it over the water colouring, so the boat images perfectly matched up.
I drew around the square, just to give it a frame. This was matted it onto some more kraft using foam pads, then onto a white card blank. I stamped the greeting on some watercolour paper, just so it didn't distract too much from the main image, as it would do stamped on white paper.

The insert needed more than just the greeting , so I used the little yacht from the 'On the Water' stamp plate, and gave it some distress marker colour.



I had to stamp this cute little boat on the back of the card , just to finish it off!
Hope you like todays card.
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx 

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous creation and so effective with the frame - love it! May have to try that one too!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete