Friday 22 August 2014

Words Words Words....

Post 106
Todays card was thrown together after watching 'One layer Many Birthday Messages' , Thanks Yana for the great card idea.
I used the greetings I had in my stash and added a few bits and bobs, but the use of the sentiment stamps to make the background I found impossible to resist.
I used an A6 tent fold card base. On to a piece of white card I stamped my central sentiment, then all the others randomly around it (picked from several stamp sets!) , filling in the little gaps with various filler stamps from a variety of stamp sets.


The 3 ink splats were stamped with the Hero arts stamp set 'Brush Strokes', using hero arts shadow ink in Pale tomatoe,Green hills and Orange soda. 


I wanted to emphasize the main central greeting so I stamped it on some parchment and positioned it over the original. If I did the card again I think I would emboss this in black. The parchment wrapped around the back of the black mat, then it was all stuck to the card base.
To finish off I added some self adhesive pearls which I had coloured to match the ink splats, using my alcohol markers.


Hope you like todays card. 
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment