Wednesday 10 September 2014

Cup cakes....

Post 108
My brief for this card was a 50th birthday card including cup cakes! So I dug out my cup cake stamps by Chocolate Baroque . 
I started with a 6 x 6 base card, matted some kraft card, and some paper from the 'Silent Night' paper pad by First edition. (one of my all time favourite and versatile paper pads)

I had to use my new Lawn Fawn dies, the fabulous 'Stitched Party Banners', I cut a large banner out of white card, and the smaller banner in kraft card. Into the smaller banner I cut a circle where the cup cake fits perfectly. I used a Lawn Fawn alphabet to make my sentiment the 'Claire's ABC', stamped on kraft card and embossed in white.


The cup cake was stamped onto a few scraps of paper from the Silent Night pad then fussy cut and paper pieced together.I used my sakura stardust pen on the cherry of the cupcake then added some glossy accents.


The banner dies cut holes in the top of the banner so these needed embellishments in the form of bakers twine for the small banner and just covering with punched flowers for the large banner. I needed just a little something else so I grabbed my trusty box of paper roses, most of which are from Wild Orchid Crafts


To finish the front of the card I did some white dash lines to co ordinate with the stiching cut with the dies.


Inside, a simple greeting using the same alphabet stamps and a cup cake, cut out of more decorative paper using the Cottage Cutz 'Mini Cupcake' die.

More mini cupcakes on the back!
Hope you like todays card.
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment