Monday 23 February 2015

Blue bokeh and tag

Post 127
Good morning crafty friends. This morning I'm sharing a card which combines my new love of the Bokeh background technique, with texture paste, and my  refreshed love of water colours.
For the blue background I used some water colour card, Tim Holtz card...marvellous!, I gave it a thorough soaking then grabbed my water colours and aloud them to move around the paper, letting the water take them where it may. Having left it to dry, I got out my home made stencil, with a variety of different sized circles cut out, and sponged through it with Hero arts unicorn white pigment ink. I stencilled and heat set, and repeated several times until the circles were layered up to my satisfaction. Then to finish off the background I layered some texture paste through a dotty stencil, making sure it was a little rough and unfinished around the edges. 


Like a previous card I stamped a flower, again on water colour card and cut it out using the tag you're it die from Lawn  Fawn, having fussy cut the overhanging part of the flower first.


I finished the flower off using Wink of Stella clear glitter pen. I stamped and embossed in white my greeting, and stuck it to the card around the back of the blue panel and under the tag so I didn't have to worry about adhesive showing through the vellum.


The card has been finished off with a scattering of silver sequins and some tiny gems.


I hope you like todays card.
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment