Wednesday 4 March 2015

Fantachetic day, plus one!

Post 129
Todays card is another venture in to 'messy crafting' (not me at all!) The base card is a plain 6x6 card, stamped with a My Favorite Striped things background stamp, in a gentle blue.

For the horizontal panel I inked some card with various distress inks in green and blues, then placed  a chevron stencil over it and spritzed some water onto it, left it for 30 seconds, removed the stencil and dabbed up the water with some kitchen roll. I then used my  Paper smooches Stitched dies to add detail to the corners of the card.


For the main panel, I used a free stamp I received in 'Craft Stamper' a while ago. I stamped moustache in a gradient of blue and green. I added the die cut stitch detail, and mounted that and the back panel onto some black card.


I used lawn fawn's 'Claires ABCs', for the sentiment, and finished the card off with a scattering of sequins.


I thought I'd show you this card too. This one is a total copy of quite a few cards I've seen on Pinterest.


I used Clarity Stamps 'Letterbox Alphabet, for the scrabble tiles. I used Google to find out the correct value of each letter, it was a fabulous fluke that the letters added up to 21.....perfect! 


I printed off the sentiment, and stuck the tiles on using foam squares. Then the panel was matted on to kraft card and black card, love this simple colour combo!


Hope you like todays cards.
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment