Friday 20 March 2015

Flutter by....

Post 133
Good afternoon crafty friend, todays card is a simple birthday card. I was inspired to get out my stencils and distress inks after watching Kristina Werner in this video
For the background I used the MFT dot stencil , I used a  variety of distress inks, fading from pink to yellow. I off set the stencil and sponged some white pigment ink through, this doesn't show up too well on the picture but it adds a blurriness to the coloured dots. I then off set the stencil the other way and traced the black circles using a fine liner pen.


The flowers and butterfly are from the Lawn fawn stamp set 'Flutter by', these were stamped, embossed and die cut out using the matching dies. I coloured the images using the same distress inks I'd used in the background.


Once dry I added a coat of Wink of stella clear....got to have some sparkle!!


Before I used the card it was finished off with a banner extending out from behind the flowers saying 'Happy Birthday'.
The panel was mounted on black glossy card before being adhered to the based card.


Hope you like todays card.
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment