Tuesday 25 August 2015

Doodle Buds

Post 155
Two for the price of one today! I know I won't get time to post tomorrow so you get a double posting today!!
For this card I've been playing with these happy stamps from W Plus 9 called 'Doodle Buds'.


I began with the flower heads, stamping and masking to fill up along the card (water colour cardstock). I went on to stamp/ mask to add in the stems. Then I added the birds from the W Plus 9 set 'Happy Mail'.
The clean color real brush markers from kuretake were used to colour the image. I used 2 colours on each of the flower petals, just scribbling in the colour then blending them together with a little water.


Once the image was completely dry I went in with my white pen and added a little pattern to some of the petals. I also added some glossy accents to the centre of each flower.
I finished the card with a lovely sentiment from the Doodle buds set, and a doodled line all the way around the card. 
I'm not too confident using all these bright vivid colours but I love how this card turned out. I have recently bought a little colour wheel , and I used it for this card to coordinate my colours. I can highly recommend investing in one, HERE is mine!


Hope you liked todays card too, let me know!
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx

1 comment:

  1. An absolute beauty! Love it and going to CASe it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete