Monday 21 September 2015

Sleigh pop up

Post 167
Good Morning crafty friends...back to the Festive Season...LOVE IT!
Todays card is a true mash up of my crafty stash. I've used MFT's 'Jingle all the way' stamps and dies, Paper Smooches 'Christmas Words' dies and the completely fabulous 'Sleigh gift card holder' by Karen Burniston at Elizabeth Craft Designs.


The front of the card is lovely and simple. The words die cut out of gun metal mirri card, the Christmas has been cut 3 times and stacked up to give plenty of dimension.
The tree is from 'Jingle all the way', die cut and stamped , then paper pieced for the greenery.


It's the inside I'm dead chuffed with. This is the first time I've used these dies and it certainly will not be the last. I highly recommend you watch Karen showing you the tricks and tips of using these dies. You'll find a tutorial HERE.


The decorative paper I've used is from Stampin up, it's last years christmas paper stack which is no longer available HERE is this years, check out the other festive papers too...lovely!


Everything was cut and put together as is shown in the you tube video. I then thought it needed something else. MFT's Santa in 'Jingle all the way' was just perfect. Die cut, stamped and coloured with my pro markers he fits perfectly at the side of the sleigh. He looks to be over hanging the side of the card but that is the fabulous sleigh die, the pop stands Santa is on is angled slightly so he pops up and out! 
The sentiment across the top of the card is also from the MFT's stamp set.


To finish the card I die cut some card using Lawn fawns 'Stitched Hillside borders' added a sentiment from Stampin ups beautiful 'Endless Wishes' (sorry last years again, no longer available!)


The snowflakes complete the card.


Not a card for mass production, but easy to do and what a treat to open in the run up to Christmas.
 Hope you like todays card.
Let me know.
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment